Friday, December 4, 2009

BLOG # 4, 5 & 6

Music
I have such a passion for music and I am a big believer that music is something in which all children should be involved in. Music can set any mood you want it too, and it is a wonderful way to teach curriculum to students. Memory is jogged by singing songs that teach concepts. I plan to use music in my future classroom in MANY ways!

Visual Arts
The Visual Arts are perfect for incorporating into any lesson. I think it's important to teach about the visual arts in a deeper sense. Students' can learn a lot about themselves through analyzing the arts, because finding beauty in art is all about perspective. I look forward to teaching about the elements of visual arts in my future classroom, and taking it to a deeper, more meaningful level with my students.

Field Experience
The past three weeks at field were amazing. I learned so much about myself and my skills as a teacher. I learned things that boosted my confidence, and I also learned many things I need to work on professionally to become a great teacher. The arts bring joy to any classroom, and this was evident to me during field. Any type of art makes a boring lesson lively, and excites the students. Arts turns learning out of obligation, into learning out of desire. I really enjoyed my experiences within the schools and cannot wait for next semester to take more risks with incorporating the arts into my lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment