Sunday, September 20, 2009

Teaching Drama and Story

The past few weeks in class we have been focusing on incorporating drama with our lesson plans. I have had so much fun the past few weeks learning about different games you could play with your class. I honestly had no idea that you could have so much fun with drama in a classroom setting. Before the past few weeks, I definately didn't think you could really incorporate drama into school other than a school play. I used to think drama was only for.. the dramatic people! :)
I never realized how many wonderful things drama can teach. Drama is an excellent way to break up cliche's in the classroom. It is also a wonderful way to get your students involved in communication. Communication is KEY to relationship!! If you want your class to get along and have good chemistry, get them communicating. Drama also allows for expression and allows personalities to shine through! I definitely enjoyed seeing this in our own class. The activities really helped loosen me and lighten the mood. It was nice when that happened because then everyone in our cohort was able to just be themselves. That type of relaxation will be invaluable in the classroom.
I will without a doubt incorporate drama into my future classroom, because of the positive experience i've had in this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment